Chocolate & Coconut Chia Parfait
Those of you who know me though instagam, will know that I have a deep love of Chia pudding! I love to come up with new and unique ways of making these little super food seeds into tasty and beautiful dishes. Breakfast is where I use them the most, so you will be seeing a lot of chia recipes here… Bounty bars have to be one of my all time favourite chocolate bars, and I often take inspiration from them – as I did here in this fab breakfast parfait which is filled with chocolate and coconut flavoured layers…
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 0.2 piece Chocolate Coconut squarebar
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup Oat milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut
- 3/4 cup Oats
- Put the chia seeds, oats and coconut into a container and mix together thoroughly (this is imperative to avoid the chia seeds clumping) – I then milled the dry mixture into a powder, this step is optional, I just prefer blended chia oats – then add the milk and sweetener and leave overnight in the fridge in an airtight container.
- The next morning, separate the mixture into 2 – the first half place into a jar/glass (you can add a little yogurt to this half for a creamier texture). The other half pop into a blender along with the cacao powder*, banana and either yogurt or milk and blend (add a little more liquid if it struggles to blend it needs to be like a thick smoothie texture) then pour this mixture on top of the first.
- I topped mine with some chopped up square bar and a sprinkling of coconut! Enjoy, this parfait will see you through until lunch without getting hungry, and will also give you a great energy boost.
- or extra nutrition, you could add baobab & maca powders to the chocolate layer!