Raw Strawberry & Coconut Buckwheat Porridge
The most delicious raw buckwheat porridge with a spring flavour combination. YUM! Fresh berries give the porridge a natural sweetness, and coconut makes it a bit more creamy. Original post at: http://tasteandseeblog.co.za/2016/10/10/raw-buckwheat-porridge-3-ways/
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat
- 2 tbsp Raw nuts
- 1/2 cup Fresh strawberries
- 2 small Dates
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- The night before, soak the raw buckwheat groats and nuts in two separate bowls. Cover with sufficient water.
- In the morning, drain and rinse both the buckwheat and nuts well.
- Place the soaked buckwheat and nuts, as well as all of the other ingredients for your porridge of choice into a high-speed blender or food processor and pulse until well puréed and mixed. Alternatively you can use a hand-held immersion blender to do this.
- Spoon the porridge into a bowl and sprinkle with toppings of your choice!