Homemade Pesto with Basil & Baby Spinach
A simple go-to pesto recipe that can be whipped up in under 15 minutes. Original recipe at: http://tasteandseeblog.co.za/2016/08/09/homemade-pesto-with-basil-baby-spinach/
- 2 cup Basil leaves
- 1 cup Baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Raw almonds
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 medium Lemon
- 20 g Parmesan
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper
- Place the basil leaves, baby spinach, garlic clove, almonds, and extra virgin olive oil into a blender (I use my NutriBullet, it works like a charm).
- Blitz until all of the ingredients are chopped up and mixed well. Scrape down the sides of the blender if necessary to incorporate all of the ingredients. Just a note here for students who may live in res, or others who just don't have a standing blender, a hand blender will also do a great job of this, you might just need some extra olive oil or some water to assist you. Just make sure to use a bowl or jug with high sides to prevent green stuff from flying all over the place 🙂
- Add the lemon juice and zest, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper. Blitz until incorporated.
- Taste the pepper and adjust the salt and pepper to suit your taste.