Cashew Nut Butter
A simple nut butter recipe that can easily be adapted for any kind of nut or seed 🙂 Far easier and more affordable to make than you realise. Delicious on toast, served with a sliced apple, or even just from a spoon. Original post at: http://tasteandseeblog.co.za/2016/11/07/cashew-nut-butter-raw-or-roasted/
- 1/2 cup Raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 140˚C.
- Place some baking paper on a baking tray before spreading the nuts out on the tray. Roast the nuts in the oven for about 20 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit before continuing.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or high speed blender and puree for 5 minutes. This could even take a bit longer, depending on the type of blender you have and whether you're working with raw or roasted nuts (see notes).
- Stop the blender/processor regularly to scrape down the sides. Keep puréeing until you end up with a smooth, creamy paste.
- Scrape the nut butter into an airtight container and refrigerate. It should keep for about 1 month.