Sprouted Peas and Mint Hummus
This sprouted peas and mint hummus is perfect as a snack or as an appetizer or even at lunchtime served with raw crackers or bread. Peas are an amazing source of plant protein to add into the diet and a great alternative to chickpea in hummus for people that have troubles digesting them. Protein along with their fibre helps stabilising blood sugar levels. In addition, green peas contain anti inflammatory compounds and antioxidants that are made even more concentrated and powerful by the sprouting process. Among these, omega 3s, vitamins A, C and E and B vitamins that help support immune system, promote lower inflammation and cardiovascular health. Definitely little green treasures!
- 300 gr Sprouted peas
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- One Garlic clove
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons Himalayan salt
- Handful Fresh mint
- Rinse the sprouted peas.
- Place them in a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with raw crackers or bread.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.