Spirulina Banana Ice cream
Sometimes all you need after a sweaty morning workout is a refreshing smooth and fluffy bowl of goodness! I like experimenting with different flavours and I really like adding spirulina to banana ice cream. Spirulina is a blue green algae extremely rich in essential minerals like magnesium & potassium (great to relax muscle fibres and replenish lost electrolytes) and B vitamins to help with energy production. It is also an excellent source of plant protein and an extremely bioavailable source of iron which makes it a great aid to increase haemoglobin levels bringing oxygen to the cells and fighting fatigue. It's perfect to replenish you after a workout to make that inside glow radiate out as well!
- 2-3 medium Bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Spirulina powder
- 2 tsp Each of goji berries, shredded coconut and cacao nibs
- Place the frozen bananas, vanilla and spirulina in a vitamix blender or food processor.
- Blend or process until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top withngoji, nibs and coconut. Enjoy!