Raw Super Greens Protein Brownies
In these rich, moist and fluffy beauties you can add moringa powder or a mix of parsley, chlorella, spirulina or even green tea powder. They are all rich in powerful plant antioxidants and nutrients that support detoxification, immunity, muscle health along with promoting vitality and brain function. Protein powder is great to balance blood sugar and help muscle recovery so you can enjoy these brownies as a post workout treat. They're perfect for it as they also pack magnesium from raw cacao and all that green plant medicine!
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut chips
- 1/2 cup Pea protein or pea & hemp mix
- 1 cup Cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup or date paste
- 1 tbsp Mesquite powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp Superfood powder of choice (my favourite are moringa, chlorella or spirulina)
- Place the coconut chips in a food processor and process until very fine.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse to mix together.
- The dough will have a brownie batter texture, not too wet or too dry. It will stick when pressed together between your hands.
- Pour the maple syrup or date paste in and process until combined. (to make date paste blend or food process 2 cups of dates with about 1 cup of water until a smooth cream forms)
- Line an 8-inch square pan with ling film. Transfer the brownie dough into the pan and press evenly.
- Freeze for an hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or freeze again.
- When ready, take out and cut into squares. Enjoy!