Pumpkilicious Smoothie Bowl
I usually like to use water or coconut water as a base cause nut milks or butters tend to make smoothies a bit too heavy for me but this time I made some pumpkin seeds mylk first and then blended it with the rest of my deliciously green ingredients. These little treasures contain many essential vitamins and minerals. For example zinc vital for immune, eye and skin health, for insulin balance, mood and our sense of smell and taste; magnesium which is so important for maintaining stable blood pressure, relaxing blood vessels and muscle fibres, energy production and so many more essential functions in the body. They're also a great source of plant-based omega 3s & protein; vitamin E, B vitamins and tryptophan which is converted into serotonin in the body that is responsible for promoting sleep and relaxation. Incorporate a bit of these tiny green beauties in your life into salads, smoothies, soups, crusts, energy balls, on porridge...anywhere!
- 3 cup Wayer
- 1 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 handful Parsley
- 5-6 medium Lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp Coconut butter
- First blend the pumpkin seeds with the water, lucuma and vanilla powders to make your pumpkin seeds milk.
- Strain and pour 1 cup back in the blender. (use the pulp in cookies, breads, burgers)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with some desiccated coconut and dried raspberries or any other topping that you'd like. Enjoy!
- Can make it sweeter by adding a date or a few dried apricots or maybe a bit of maple.
- Store the rest of the milk in the fridge in an airtight jar or bottle for 2-3 days. Add a pinch of salt to help preserving it.