Pineapple, Coconut & Matcha Smoothie bowl
I love matcha and have a slight addiction to it and paired with coconut and pineapple is simply perfection! The healthy fats in coconut help absorbing all the antioxidants, vitamins and minerals contained in both matcha and pineapple. Pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain that is able to break down complex proteins aiding digestion but it also has serious anti-inflammatory effects that can reduce chronic pain and inflammation of joints and muscles. It's extremely high in vitamin C that not only boosts immunity but also collagen production, an essential protein for the health of our skin, tissues and bones. And it's rich both in soluble and insoluble fibre that promotes healthy digestion and reduces cholesterol. So in one green tropical bowl you have all the amazing antioxidants and nutrients you need to face the day fuelled by plant power!
- 1 cup Frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 handful Spinach
- 3/4 cup Coconut water
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp Matcha powder
- 1 tbsp Dried pineapple to decorate
- In a vitamix or other blender pour the water, coconut milk and spinach and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a serving bowl and decorate the top with some dried pineapple, shredded coconut and a sprinkle of matcha powder. Enjoy!