"Pasta e Ceci"-Sprouted Chickpeas Courgette Pasta
Pasta e Ceci, perfect for light but filling lunch or dinner made of spiralized courgettes with creamy chickpea sauce, sprouted chickpeas and hemp seeds. Sprouting is a great technique to make things like legumes and grains more easily digestible for people that have usually have troubles with them. Plus it unlocks all the nutrients that are contained in food by breaking down anti-nutrients contained in plants that may block absorption of essential minerals like zinc, calcium or iron and by containing special enzymes that increase the absorption of other important vitamins and nutrients.
- Courgettes, spiralized
- Chickpea sprouts
- Lemon juice
- Nutritional yeast
- White miso
- First spiralize the two courgettes and place in a bowl. (If you don't have a spirlizer, simply peel the courgettes and with the same peeler, peel long vertical strands of courgettes. They will have a similar shape to linguine.
- In a blender or immersion blender, place first the water and then the rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- If not creamy enough, add a couple of extra tablespoons of water. The sauce should have the consistency of slightly runny cooking cream.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix by hand until well coated.
- Divide in two pasta bowls and decorate with additional chickpea sprouts, hemp seeds and some nutritional yeast for a bit of cheesy flavour. Enjoy!