Paleo Beetroot Cauliflower & Coconut Porridge
I had a few people asking me for grain free porridge recipes so I started experimenting with different variations. Cauliflower is a great source of anti-inflammatory compounds, antioxidants like vitamin C and quercitin, vitamin K, energy promoting B vitamins, choline that boosts brain function improving memory and learning and minerals like magnesium and potassium. Its also contains sulfur containing nutrients that help support liver detoxification pathways. Paired with beetroot who has similar properties in term of detox, antioxidants and anti inflammatory properties this porridge will support you in getting rid of daily toxins, boost your immunity and making you glow inside and out!
- 1 cup Cauliflower, processed to rice consistency
- 1 cup Coconut chips
- 2 tbsp Beetroot powder
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla powder
- pinch Salt
- 2 tbsp Mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbsp Mixed seeds (sunflower and pumpkin)
- Process half head of cauliflower in the food processor with the coconut chips until it resembles rice consistency. Transfer to a pot.
- Add the coconut milk, beetroot powder, maple, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for around 10-15 until soft and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and top with frozen berries and mixed seeds. Enjoy!
- p.s. If you want to make this porridge extra creamy add 1 tbsp of coconut butter while cooking or a scoop of protein powder at the end.