Mulberry Star Power Smoothie
Regreshing green smoothie bowl topped with hemp seeds, shredded coconut, nibs, crunchy dried raspberries and some of my favourite berries...dried mulberries! Love them in everything from smoothies, ice cream and cookies to raw truffles and cake crusts! Like all berries they're really rich in antioxidants compounds like anthocyanins (that give berries their deep and bright colours), vitamin C and vitamin E, all essential to fight free radicals, limit oxidation in the body, especially of cholesterol and make your skin glow! They contain high levels of iron, which is a rare find for berries, potassium and manganese and they're rich in a compound that slows down the increase of blood sugar after meals helping to balance out its levels. Little tip, if you prefer your mulberries crunchy but they're a bit too chewy for your taste, keep them in the freezer.
- 1 cup Light coconut milk
- 1 Spinach
- 1 medium Banana, chopped and frozen
- 1 tsp Each of cacao nibs, desiccated coconut, dried raspberries and hemp seeds to decorate
- 1 tbsp Dried mulberries
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender or food processor except the dried mulberries and the ones to decorate the top.
- Once smooth, transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the nibs, coconut, raspberrie, hemp seeds creating a start shape.
- Top with the dried mulberries and enjoy every mouthful!