Mint Green Smoothie
Mint green smoothie to start the day with some plant power. Or simply as a pick me up anytime! Adding herbs to a smoothie is a way to change things up instead of the usual greens. They bring a total different flavour and they have various medicinal properties. Mint is great to support digestion, as a natural stimulant and aid for fatigue. Here I blended in fresh leaves but you could also add a couple of drops of essential oil which helps to relieve headaches and congestion. Perfect way to have and enjoy your plant medicine daily.
- 1/2 cup Coconut water
- 2 Bananas, frozen and chopped
- Large handful Fresh mint
- 1 Cup Spinach, fresh
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- To decorate Coconut chips, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds
- Pour the coconut water in a blender with mint and spinach and blend until broken down.
- Add the frozen banana and vanilla powder and further blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and decorate with coconut chips, cacao nibs, and hemp seeds or any other topping that you may like. Enjoy!