Mango & Coconut Yogurt Green powered Mousse
A mango, coconut and moringa mousse served in a heart shaped little bowl is all you need to start the day or as a treat whenever you want! Coconut yogurt as a base whipped up with some moringa, vanilla, ground chia, a bit of hemp protein and some dried mango to sweeten it. Probiotics (love getting these from foods like yogurt, kefir, kombucha or fermented veggies) balance gut flora which is so important not only for digestive health but for immunity (70% of our immune system is in the gut!), for our skin (many essential hormones are produced here) and for nervous system & brain health. Yes, there's something called "gut-brain axis". Gut bacteria and brain are connected and constantly communicate and share signals and messages between each other. What happens in the gut affects the nervous systems and vice versa. For example 90% of the amazing serotonin, often called the "feel good hormone" because of its calming and relaxing effects on the body is produced in the gut. So keep your digestive tract in good health by nourishing it with probiotic and omega 3s rich foods, greens, protein and don't forget to breath deeply and take a few moments to relax today. p.s. I like making my own coconut yogurt with coconut meat but sometimes you don't have much time it's so easy now to find tasty dairy free alternatives!
- 2 cup Water
- 1 cup Vanilla coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup Dried mango pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground salt
- 1 tsp Moringa powder
- 2 tsp Ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Hemp protein
- Place the water and dried mango in a vitamix and food processor processing until broken down.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a beautiful serving bowl and either eat right away or refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the mousse to firm up further.
- Decorate with flowers or some shredded coconut and enjoy!