Hemp Protein, Cacao & Berry Smoothie Bowl
Delicious hemp, berry and cacao smoothie bowl filled with blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, chia seeds, coconut water, cacao and some hemp protein...plant power daily! Perfect after an early morning workout thanks to the antioxidants in berries that fight stress naturally created by exercise reducing inflammation in muscles and the whole body, magnesium rich cacao and thanks to the addition of a bit of hemp. You could definitely add the whole seeds but this time I opted for the protein powder...sometimes is about convenience and what you have around. Hemp is rich in anti inflammatory omega 3s and the 9 essential amino acids that help building proteins in the body. It also contains branched-chain amino acids that are use by muscles as fuel. Use hemp powder in your smoothies, energy bars or truffles, to thicken soups and it also works great in frostings and mousses. It tends to have a nutty flavour which is perfect paired with chocolate and cacao!
- 1 cup Coconut water
- 1 1/2 cup Mixed frozen berries
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder
- 1 sachet Hemp protein powder
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Desiccated coco to decorate
- Place all the ingredients except the dedicated coconut in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the desiccated coconut and some extra frozen or fresh berries if you wish. Enjoy!