Dried Apricots Chocolate Tahini Truffles
These truffles are perfect as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack. They are creamy cacao and tahini truffles sweetened with chewy dried apricots. Raw cacao preservers all the powerful antioxidants present in the cacao plant plus minerals like magnesium which is so important for muscle relaxation among other things making these babies perfect as an after workout treat! And let's not forget that cacao also contains tryptophan which is a precursor to phenylalanine, the feel good hormone that makes you feel happy and relaxed. Tahini is rich in calcium and dried apricots are a plant source of iron. So you'll be nourishing your body while making both the body and mind happy!
- 2 Cups Dried apricots, soft
- 1/2 Cup Cacao powder
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup Ground chia seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons Lucuma powder
- Place the apricots, cacao powder, ground chia seeds, Lucuma and vanilla powders, salt in a food processor and blend until broken down and starting to bind.
- Add the tahini and process further until the dough sticks together. Can add a couple of tablespoons of water if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and scooping out a tablespoon of dough at a time, roll into balls.
- Dust the ball in cacao powder and place in a airtight container in the fridge.
- Enjoy right away of after having been eefrigerated for an hour.
- P.S. If for any reason the dough is too sticky to roll, pop it on the freezer for 15-20 minutes. It will make the rolling process easier.