Dragon, Maca & Baobab Smoothie bowl
This fizzy and tangy smoothie with frozen raspberries, coconut meat, baobab, maca powder topped with dried pineapple is perfect to start your morning! My love for coconut and baobab is established and I often talk about their amazing nutrient content and power. Maca is another of those nature's treasure that I use both in raw treats and in drinks and smoothies for its flavour and amazing properties. It's part of those plants called adaptogens which can adapt to the body's current state and help to restore its balance. Maca has an especially positive effect on hormones assisting in the control of estrogen levels improving fertility and decreasing symptoms associated to pms, pcos and menopause. It also increases stamina and energy and has a beneficial effect on mood lowering levels of anxiety. And let's not forget that is a rich source of antioxidants, essential amino acids, b vitamins and vital minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium and iron among others. The powder is the dried concentrated form of the maca root so you only need a few teaspoons to enjoy all the great benefits for your skin, hormones, immunity and actually entire body. Plant medicine daily!
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut water
- 1/2 cup Coconut meat, defrosted
- 1 tsp Baobab powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Dragon fruit powder
- 1 tbsp Dried pineapple pieces to decorate
- Place the coconut water in a blender or food processor and add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with dried pineapple pieces. Shredded coconut is also very nice in top and a few rose petals complement the amazing colour given by the dragon fruit powder perfectly. Enjoy!