Cinnamon Brazil nuts Butter Green Smoothie Bowl
I love Brazil nuts not only for their creaminess but for their amazing nutritional profile! One of their main minerals is selenium which is an essential cofactor for one of the most important antioxidants in the body, glutathione that removes free radicals in cells improving skin structure and appearance, protecting heart health and lowering inflammation and oxidation of cholesterol. Selenium is also essential for thyroid function and for the conversion from inactive thyroid hormones forms to the active ones. Our thyroid is where some of the most vital hormones are produced and regulated so it's important to keep it in good health. Of course brazil nuts contain even more essential nutrients like magnesium, copper, zinc, manganese, B vitamins, vitamin E & C and omega 3s fatty acids. 1-2 a day are enough to keep the doctor away and gain all the their benefits.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Brazil nuts butter
- 1 cup Chards or kale
- 2 small Dates to sweeten
- Place water and nut butter in a blender and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Add the greens and dates and further blend until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with extra nut butter, a sprinkle of coconut chips or cacao nibs. Enjoy!
- To make your own nut butter as I did, simply place your nuts in a food processor (at least 2 cups or it will be difficult for it to run) and keep processing for at least 10 minutes when the mist start releasing their oil. Add spices or flavourings if you wish (think cacao, cinnamon, carob, lucuma, chilli), scrape the sides and blend until combined.