Cinnamon and Nutmeg Raw Ganache Truffles
Silky tiny pieces of heaven that just melt in your mouth! Perfect way to start the day next to a very green juice because why not have raw cacao for breakfast sometimes? Or as an energising and delicious snack! Just make some raw chocolate or simply get one of your favourite bars, melt it and then slowly add some liquid (nut or seed milks, coconut milk, sweet juices, water, hey even some nice hazelnut or cherry liquor!), stir, refrigerate, scoop and roll! And then of course, enjoy every bite! Added a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon to these ones. These spices have potent anti inflammatory and antiviral properties along with high levels of antioxidants. Pair them with the high flavonols, antioxidants and minerals contained in raw cacao and you have a really special plant potion in a delicious round package right here. Cacao that is not heated at high temperatures can preserve all the amazing qualities of the pod and deliver those "feel good" hormones that make you love chocolate so much and feel great afte. Don't ever be scared of chocolate, just get good quality one! Mind, body and soul will thank you!
- 300 g Dark raw chocolate
- 200 ml Coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch Ground Himalayan salt
- Chop your chocolate in small chunks and place it in a glass or metal bowl.
- Gently melt it over a bain marie.
- Once melt it, remove from it, add spices and slowly pour in the coconut milk whisking to emulsify.
- Once completely combined, transfer to a container and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop out small balls, roll and cover in cacao powder, crushed dried raspberries, shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts. Whatever coating is your favourite and enjoy!