Chlorella Chia Pudding with Red Berries
Perfect breakfast after an early morning workout or as a protein rich snack! I love how chia are so tiny but so rich in nutrients like plant protein, calcium and omega 3s! This time I added a bit of chlorella powder to my coconut milk base...I'm not a big supporter of heavy detox programs, our body does that naturally but we can definitely support it and help the process by including some plant power in our days. Chlorella contains all the essential amino acids and its high chlorophyll content makes it a high source of protein, antioxidants along with vital minerals and vitamins. And it's especially great at removing heavy metals like mercury from our tissues and organs which have a really negative effect on every part of our health working alongside the liver in detoxification.
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1 tsp Chlorella powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp Red berries
- Mix the coconut milk and chia seeds in a glass jar and until combined.
- Add the Chlorella powder, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup and mix again.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight to have it ready in the morning.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a bowl, stir again and top with red berries and shredded coconut. Enjoy!