Chia Chocolate Mousse
This chia cacao mousse topped with coconut, nibs, hemp, dried raspberries and flowers is perfect as a breakfast or snack treat! I love chia seeds, not just for their nutrient profile (high in calcium, omega 3s and plant based protein) but also for how they make everything mousse-like without being too heavy in texture like nuts tend to do. Plus protein contained in them helps balancing blood sugar levels giving you steady energy and keeping you full and satisfied for a while. And cacao is good for the mind, body and soul!
- 2 Cups Coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup Raw cacao powder
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon Lucuma powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- To decorate Shredded coconut, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, dried raspberries, and rose petals
- Pour the coconut milk in a blender and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass container and refrigerate for 4 hours up to overnight allowing the chia to swell up and create a mousse texture.
- When ready to serve, pour into a bowl and decorate the top with cacao nibs, shredded coconut, rose petals, hemp seeds and dried raspberries. Enjoy!