Cherry & Cacao Smoothie Bowl
Cherry & chocolate is a combination that never gets old because it's so delicious! Cherries have outstanding anti-inflammatory powers that are great to reduce chronic pain or muscle pain after exercise. Pair them with some magnesium rich raw cacao like in this case and you have the perfect duo to replenish and repair your body. They also contain high levels of antioxidants that not only fight free radicals but also promote better sleep quality as one of them is melatonin. Cherries and cherry juice increase its production which improves the duration of your sleep and the nature of your sleepy time. So have some chocolate-cherry concoction in the morning to start the day and keep you energised and a bit of cherry juice before going to bed.
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Frozen cherries
- 1/2 medium Banana, frozen and chopped
- 2 tbsp Super cacao powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp Mesquite powder
- 1 tbsp Dried or fresh cherries to decorate
- Place the water in a blender or food processor and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with dried or fresh cherries (they're now in season!) and a bit of coconut chips or cacao nibs. Enjoy!