Bounty Superfood Truffles
Coconut and cacao has always been one of my favourite combinations! Either in a cake, pie, cookies or truffles they just compliment each other perfectly. Raw cacao preservers all the powerful antioxidants present in the cacao plant plus minerals like magnesium which is so important for muscle relaxation. It also contains tryptophan which is a precursor to phenylalanine, the feel good hormone that makes you feel happy and relaxed. Baobab is an excellent source of vitamin c that boosts immunity and is essential for collagen production of our skin and tissues. Moringa is not only high in plant protein but also in magnesium as well, calcium and iron to fight fatigue and tiredness and support strong and healthy bones and muscles. Let's not forget its high levels of vitamin A and E that will give you an amazing glow and fight free radicals. Delicious and super nutritious bounty goodness right here!
- 1 cup Dates
- 1 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup Cacao powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ground chia seeds or flaxseeds
- 2-3 tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Baobab powder
- 1 tsp Moringa powder
- Place all the ingredients except the melted coconut oil in a food processor.
- Mix until combined and starting to stick together.
- Add the coconut oil and process until well incorporated.
- Transfer the micture to a bowl and scoop out little balls of dough.
- Roll with your hands and then coat with the extra shredded coconut.
- Enjoy right away or place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to firm up.
- Store in a airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for longer shelf life.