Baobab Strawberry Cream Smoothie Bowl
Delicious strawberry cream smoothie with an added vitamin C boost thanks to aduna baobab powder to start your day pretty in pink. Strawberries are very rich in vitamin C as well which together with quercitin and ellagic acid (an antioxidant that also provides protection for elastic fibres in our skin preventing sagging) has strong antioxidant properties that help to eliminate toxins and heavy metals from the body. These yummy fruit is extremely high in flavonoids and anti inflammatory compounds, in fact they are able to reduce levels of C-reactive protein which is an important marker of inflammation in the body. These flavonoids help lower cholesterol oxidation and promote way health lowering risk of macular degeneration. Other amazing nutrients contained in these red beauties are potassium involved in balancing blood pressure, biotin which helps build strong nails and hair, magnesium and vitamin K that are essential for bone health and anthocyanins (which give strawberries their red colour) that protect blood vessels keeping them flexible and strong. Perfect example of one on many nature's delicious and nutritious treasures.
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp Baobab powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 1 tsp Lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp Lucuma powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the smoothie into a serving bowl and top with dried raspberries, shredded coconut and rose petals. Or more fresh strawberries to make it even more berrilicious!
- Enjoy as a refreshing breakfast or as a delicious afternoon snack!