Alfa-alfa & Broccoli Sprouts Soup
Sprouts are a great addition to any dish and they upgrade your standard soup! They're full of goodness, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, B vitamins, and beta carotene. All these nutrients are much more bio available in sprouts because of the sprouting process and they also have a higher level of iron, zinc, magnesium and copper in them. Plus they're easier on digestion and a wonderful plant protein source! Broccoli support liver function, aid detoxification and are a source of essential minerals and vitamins! It's a bowl of plant power!
- 1 Cup Alfa-alfa sprouts
- Half Avocado
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli sprouts
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- Half Garlic clove
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- To decorate Additional alfa-alfa, nori flakes, hemp seeds or flakes almonds
- Pour the coconut milk and water into a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and see if you'd like to add additional salt, pepper or nutritional yeast.
- Transfer to a soup bowl and top with additional alfa-alfa sprouts, nori flakes, hemp seeds or flakes almonds. Enjoy!