Chocolate Tart with Coconut Cream
I love recipes that can be broken into different sections that can be used to build new creations. I've divided my Chocolate Tart with Coconut Cream recipe into three simple sections: the tart case, the ganache, and the coconut cream. The ganache is particularly versatile, and is delicious when melted onto cakes or used as a thick, rich icing. So, go and eat your healthy vegan dinner, buffer an episode of Law and Order, and get ready for your new favourite dessert.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 250 g soy milk
- 2 Earl Grey teabags
- 450 g vegan chocolate
- 450 g coconut cream
- Desiccated coconut and chocolate chips, to decorate
- For the tart case: Preheat oven to approximately 180 degrees Celsius, and set aside a large pie tin.
- In a food processor, blitz flour, oats, coconut and cocoa until crumbly.
- Add maple syrup, oil and water (adding more if necessary) and blitz again until mixture comes together.
- Roll out onto baking paper and knead for 2 minutes.
- Press mixture into pie tin and puncture all over with a fork.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the ganache: Heat milk and tea bags in a saucepan over a low heat until bubbles start to form (do not boil).
- Remove form heat and set aside for 20 minutes to let teabag flavour infuse.
- Remove tea bags and place again on the heat, slowly adding chocolate until it has completed melted and is well combined.
- Pour into tart case and place in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- For the coconut cream: Whip cream with a handheld or stand mixer, until thick and fluffy (only use the thick part of the cream, not the water at the bottom of the tin).
- Remove tart from fridge, spoon on coconut cream and top with dessicated coconut and chocolate chips.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve!