Vegan Tikka Masala (tomato curry)
- 1 bag Tikka Masala spice blend
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 382.5 g organic firm tofu
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 cup broccoli
- 1/3 cup snap peas
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 dash pure sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Heat a large nonstick pot or wok pan on low-ish medium heat. I had to coat mine with a teaspoon of coconut oil just in case the onions would stick.
- Peel and dice the onion. Set aside.
- Slice the red bell pepper into strips. Set aside. Cut the tofu into cubes. Set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion on the heated pan, stirring around until the onions are slightly crispy and well-cooked.
- Open the tikka masala spice blend packet and dump all of the spices on the pan.
- Repeat step 5 with the curry powder and cayenne.
- Mix all the onions and garlic with the spices until fragrant.
- If necessary, add water to the pot to make stir-frying easier.
- Pour in the tomato paste and vegetable broth. Continue to mix thoroughly.
- Carefully stir in the broccoli, snap peas, red bell peppers and tofu.
- Add the coconut milk as necessary and carefully stir well.
- Let simmer on very low heat for 10-12 minutes and serve with shirataki noodles.