Sundried Tomato Spaghetti Squash Patties
The most delicious root vegetable cakes: egg free, dairy free, flourless, gluten free, and totally easy. I topped mine with fresh cilantro guacamole!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 medium white onion
- 1 dash pure sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Rinse your spaghetti squash, pat dry and carefully poke each side with a fork to create air pockets.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half horizontally (the two sides should look like bowls instead of wide baking tins).
- Microwave both “bowls” for 9-10 minutes on each side, more or less depending on how soft you want your spaghetti squash.
- While your squash is cooking, chop up your quarter onion very finely.
- Fork out the spaghetti squash from its shells, placing the insides in a large bowl.
- Measure out sundried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning and mix into the spaghetti squash very thoroughly.
- Form small or medium sized patty cakes with your hands and place each on a baking tray lined with sprayed aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the patty cakes are firm and have held together nicely.
- Serve with desired garnishes and enjoy!