Summer Green Curry (vegan + gluten free)
SUPER delicious, flavorful, sweet and savory green curry that will wow your tastebuds, even if it's sweltering hot outside!
- 6 oz organic firm tofu
- 5 cup Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup butternut squash
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1.5 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 can Trader Joe's light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Heat a nonstick pot or deep wok pan on medium heat.
- Squeeze the excess water from your tofu until the block is dry. If necessary, add more green curry paste and spices.
- Place your tofu in a large bowl and scramble very finely. You can also just cut them into cubes or slices. Set aside.
- Chop the onion half into small pieces, or in fine slices if you prefer them that way.
- Repeat step 2 with your mushrooms, Brussel sprouts and butternut squash.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high heat and add a few tablespoons of water into the pot.
- Mix in the onion and garlic and stir-fry until translucent.
- Add the curry paste, curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne and seasonings with the onion and garlic. Mix thoroughly until everything bubbles up. You may have to add more water if necessary.
- Stir-fry the Brussel sprouts, mushrooms and butternut squash in the same pot, making sure that the spice and curry paste mixture are evenly coated on each vegetable.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Slowly pour in the coconut milk and stir until the broth is yellowish-green.
- Let the curry simmer for 10-12 minutes on low heat.
- Serve with sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, roti, or anything you'd like.