Improv Rich Decadent Truffles (vegan, gluten free)
Makes twelve mini truffles!
- 2 cup pitted dates
- 2.5 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Blend all ingredients except for dark chocolate chips in a food processor until a sticky chocolate dough-like paste is formed. You may have to press the mixture down throughout blending.
- Freeze the dough for six-seven minutes or refrigerate for ten minutes.
- Roll the dough into equal sized truffles. This will make twelve small truffles.
- Freeze the balls while you make the chocolate sauce.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in 30-second intervals in the microwave or on a low heat on the stovetop.
- Coat each truffle with dark chocolate.
- Add optional toppings such as orange zest, hemp seeds, crushed walnuts, and cranberries.
- Freeze the truffles overnight or until the chocolate coating solidifies.