High Protein Blender-Free Ice Cream
In this case, my flavors were chocolate and strawberry. However, you can pretty much do ANYTHING! :)
- 2 cup unsweetened high protein almond milk
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped strawberries
- First start making the chocolate ice cream. Place dry ingredients (cacao powder and sweetener--or optional protein powder) in a sandwich-sized bag.
- Measure out 1 cup of almond milk and pour in the sandwich bag.
- Seal the bag tightly, removing all air out of the bag.
- Carefully mix the dry and wet ingredients together until smooth and there are no dry clumps. You could have also mixed them in a blender before putting the liquid into the bag.
- Add the ice in your large Ziploc bag and place the tightly sealed sandwich bag with your mixture inside.
- Measure out 1 cup of salt and pour all over the sandwich bag and ice. The more salt you use, the quicker the chemical reactions will occur and the quicker your ice cream freezes!
- Close the large bag tightly.
- Shake the two bags for 4 minutes or more depending on how quickly your ice cream starts to solidify.
- Place the frozen result in a bowl and stir to eliminate any clumps or icy chunks and put in the freezer.
- In a separate sandwich bag, make the strawberry ice cream. Place dry ingredients (strawberries, cinnamon and sweetener) in the bag.
- Repeat steps 2-9 with the strawberry ice cream bag.
- Pour both ice cream flavors in a bowl and enjoy it right there, or you can mix it around, freeze it for a little, and use an ice cream scoop to serve with toppings.