Vegan Strawberry Spelt Crumble
A lovely delicious spelt strawberry crumble served with vegan or non-vegan custard! Yum! I used fresh strawberries from my allotment from last year, that I froze!
- organic stone-ground white spelt flour
- cold vegan butter, straight from the fridge
- coconut sugar
- almond flakes
- coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- arrowroot powder
- Preheat your oven to 200°C ( 392 F) for 10 minutes. I always use a fan oven.
- First, make your crumble topping. Take a bowl & ad spelt flour, coconut sugar & almond flakes. Mix with a spoon. Now, take your cold vegan butter between your fingers & crumble it into fine smaller pieces into your mix until it forms “breadcrumbs”, smaller & bigger one’s,
- Now, make your yummy strawberry filling. Take a larger bowl & ad frozen strawberries, arrowroot, coconut sugar & vanilla extract. Mix it all together with a spoon.
- Now, place it all into your oven dish, evenly spread out. Place your crumble topping over the top & place in the bottom of the oven & bake for about 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, I lowered my oven temperature to 180 °C (356F ) & baked it for a further 5 minutes. This is because of the caramelization of the coconut sugar, you don’t want it to burn & turn black!!!!! When ready, the crumble topping is brown & the filling is bubbling & when you open your oven door, your house will smell amazing! Ooh yes!😉 Take your oven dish out of the hot oven & place on your kitchen counter for about 5 minutes or until you can eat it. I served mine with cold non-vegan custard.