Vegan Caramel Ginger Rhubarb Tartlets!
These are semi raw lovely vegan cashew caramel topped gingered rhubarb compote in a raw nut-date crust! they are pure heaven & made with home-grown rhubarb! Ooh yes! Divine & utterly delicious too! :)
- For the base:
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 tsp home-made vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp solid coconut oil
- For the gingered rhubarb compote:
- 3 cup chopped fresh rhubarb stalks, cleaned
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- * For the cashew caramel (top):
- 1 cup drained soaked cashews
- 6 tbsp maple syrup grade C
- a few pinches
- First make the base. Take your food processor & place S-blade in. Add whole almonds, chopped pitted dates, vanilla extract & coconut oil. Place fitted lid on & pulse, aka mix until fully joined. Stop & check if the base would stick together well. Test with your fingers. Now, smear the base & sides of the 4 tartlet cake pans in with that same coconut oil, to prevent sticking later on. With your hands, push the raw dough onto the base & into the sides all the way up. Then, with the side palm of your hand, you push the base even into the tartlet.You do this to end up with an equal lined base. With a rolling-pin, roll it over the edges, top surfaces of the tartlets. This way, the top surfaces are all equally. Place them into the freezer for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- Now, make the filling. This is a tasty gingered rhubarb compote. Take cooking pot & add rhubarb, coconut sugar, water & ginger. Turn heat up on medium heat, stirring often. Boil until you end up with a lovely compote aka rhubarb caramel & your rhubarb is soft. Check with a fork. When compote is completely cold, spoon it out on top of the 4 tart bases. Using a hand palet knife, level the compote even out into the base of the tartlet. Place onto a clean plate & place into the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up & get really cold.
- The final thing is to make the topping. This is the cashew caramel. Take your Vitamix & add soaked cashews, pink salt & start with 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Place fitted lid on & tamper & blend onto high-speed to. Use tamper to push ingredients into the running blades. taste. I added 3 tablespoons of maple syrup extra so that is 6 tablespoons of maple syrup in total. It is super yummy too! Take tartlets out of the freezer & spoon your cashew caramel evenly on top of each rhubarb filling. Level it all smoothly out with help of a hand palet knife. Place all 4 of them into the freezer for about 1 hour to harden the caramel a bit. Take them out of the freezer & place into the fridge. Just prior, 10 minutes before devouring them, take them out of the fridge. this way, the caramel top will melt a bit & will get all goewie & that is what you want, right? Carefully, take the tartlets out of their casings, without losing the tart sides, of course! Then, with help of a knife, remove the tartlet base too. Enjoy with a good cup of coffee or with an nice lovely tea & with a loved one too!:) MMM!