Turnip leek marriage!
I harvested again 6 home-grown turnips & used them to make this lovely soup. Just check it out for yourself:
- 1 +1/2 cup = 6 medium home-grown turnips,
- 1 medium leek, washed, cleaned, pad dry, the green & white part used, cut up into rings
- 1 small wild leek, (only the white parts used here)
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 litre of a hot vegan gluten-free stock
- 15 grins black pepper
- 5 grins of ground pink salt
- a fruity extra virgin olive oil
- Take a fitted soup cooking pot & add some drizzles of that fruity evoo. Heat up on medium heat. When hot, add chopped garlic, wild leek & leek rings. Stir often & fry for about 8 minutes. Now, add chopped turnips & season with back pepper & some pink salt, but not too much, stirring often. Fry for about 5 minutes more & then, add the hot stock. Turn the heat up & boil your soup until your turnips are tender. This took me about 10-15 minutes. Taste. My turnips pieces were cooked through & I added about 5 grins of black pepper.
- Mix your soup with an immersion blender & ladle your soup into lovely soup bowls. Enjoy just like that or with some good bread on the side. Eat with a big smile on your face! MMM,…