Spelt blueberry muffins
These are super powerful fill you up energizing good for you muffins! Healthy in a big way! :)
- 20 gr broken flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 225 gr blueberries
- 240 ml unsweetened kefir, only 1.5 % fat
- 120 ml canola oil
- 180 ml agave syrup
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten loose
- 20 gr sesame seed
- 240 gr organic wholemeal spelt flour
- 160 gr organic cornmeal
- 45 gr rolled oats
- Take an oven rack out of the oven. Preheat the oven on 180°C. (356F)
- In a large bowl, add the spelt flour, baking powder, oats, corn meal, sesame seeds & broken linseeds. Stir everything round until wel combined.
- In another bowl, add the Kéfir, canola oil, agave syrup & the eggs. Whisk together. Make a well in the center of the bowl with the dry ingredients & add the liquid mix. Whisk until blended. Stir in the blueberries.
- Take nonstick muffins pans/ silicon muffin trays or line normal muffin trays with paper muffin cups. I use silicon muffin trays , so I don't need to grease my muffin cups. I use flower muffin cups. Divide the batter in the muffin trays. Fill them only up for 3/4, because when they are baked, you have to turn them over to see the top . It will be a flower. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Place them on a Silpat on the baking tray, so they stand evenly. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes on 180°C, until they are golden brown, risen & cooked trough. Test with an oven skewer. When ready, take them out of the oven & place on a wire rack. Leave them for 2 to 5 minutes in their silicon molds. Then turn them out & flip them over so that you can see the flower head. Leave to cool completely on the wire rack. Enjoy these in the morning as breakfast with a good cup of freshly brewed coffee or an excellent cup of tea.