I love seasonal foods so here is my favourite October recipe. _____ Photo by Tieghan from http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/ who has another great recipe on the website.
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups onion
- 2 tsp whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tiny pinch nutmeg
- Caramelise onion in olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Add vegetable broth, pumpkin, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring carefully.
- Add beans and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring to prevent scorching.