Wonderful as a side dish. Inspired by the recipe from Red Shallot Kitchen website.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp whole mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Himalayan pint salt
- Slice the cucumber thinly with a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- Transfer cucumber slices in a large bowl, add salt and mix thoroughly. Sieve the excess water from the cucumber after leaving it in the bowl for 30 minutes. Rinse the cucumber with cold water and lay them on paper towel.
- Whisk together lime juice, honey, cilantro, red chili flakes, and mustard seeds until well mixed. Add cucumber into the dressing and toss together.
- Keep salad in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to marinate before serving.