Brussels sprouts au gratin
This recipe blends boiled brussels sprouts with a creamy cheesy white sauce with nutmeg.
- 5 g nutmeg
- 5 g pepper
- 5 g salt
- 100 g grated Cheddar or Gouda cheese
- 150 g cream cheese with herbs
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 250 g tomatoes
- 500 g Brussels sprout
- Boil the sprouts in the water until al dente, but do not overcook. Drain.
- Arrange the sprouts and tomatoes in an oven-proof dish, and mix well.
- Bring the stock to the boil, and stir in the cream cheese until it has melted. Season with nutmeg and pepper, and pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle Cheddar over the top, and bake uncovered (170-190 °C) until golden.