BAKED SWEET POTATO W/ TAHINI-ALMOND-CINNAMON SAUCE
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup unhulled tahini
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp sweetener (I used rice malt syrup)
- Fork the sweet potato about 3 times on each side for it to be able to steam all the way through in the oven
- Cook the sweet potato on 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes- over an hour, depending on how big it is. Check it every half an hour by putting a knife in it. You'll know when it's done cause it'll go all the way through easily with no force needed.
- In a food processor, blend the tahini, cinnamon and almond butter until just combined (do not overblend!) and then add the rice malt syrup and blend for another second or so.
- Now, if you prefer your sauce more runny than thick than you want water. Add small amounts at a time to your blender until you've reached your desired thickness.
- I made extra potatoes to dip (cause there's no such thing as too many carbs!) but you don't have to! Just split in half and drizzle your sauce over the flesh of your sweet potato and dig in!