Roasted Rosemary Chicken
Mmmmmm who doesn’t love a Sunday Roast! It can also be a surprisingly healthy meal IF you make the right choices and go easy on the additional extras such as, gravy and sauces! This is why I make this dish any day of the week, after all, who wants to wait for one day of the week to enjoy a healthy and scrumptious protein rich dinner! Dietary analysis: Protein 44.5g Carbohydrate 9.4g Sugars 7.2g Fibre 1g Fat 63g Total kcal 865
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Bay leaves
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Whole chicken
- A few sprigs Rosemary
- 200 g Feta cheese
- 10 of each Parsnips and suede
- 120 g Roasted vegetables of your choice
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Put the chicken in a large roasting tin, then stuff the garlic and bay leaves into the cavity.
- Rub the outside of the chicken with butter, rosemary, then squeeze over the lemon juice and add the lemon to the inside of the chicken.
- Season inside and out, then cook the chicken for 20 minutes.
- Turn the over down to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and cook for a further 45 mins or until the Chicken juices run clear when you pierce the thigh with a knife. Leave to rest for 15 mins before carving.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables of your choice. Use natural chicken juices, lemon juice and feta cheese as extras.