Rhiannon's Raw Healthy Flapjacks
Life is for living and I personally am a massive flapjack fan! Give me oats over chocolate any day. These can be gluten free, they are dairy free, refined sugar free and suitable for Vegans if using Vegan Honey. TOP TIP: Coconut Oil, if Cold pressed and extra virgin (hence why I use top quality like CHI) is super good for you but only in moderation. I would never advise eating treats even if healthy every single day!
- Cacao Nibs/Goji Berries/Choc Spred
- 5 tbs. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Jar Peanut/Almond Butter
- 250 ml Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 tbsp Manure Honey or Vegan
- 390 g Oats
- Heat the Coconut Oil on a low heat in a saucepan and when melted add the Nut Butter.
- Next, melt the Honey and Rice Syrup into the mixture.
- Add the oats until they are all covered in the syrup.
- Prepare a baking tray or shallow dish with Coconut Oil, so greased nicely.
- Smooth the mixture on to the tray or dish and use a knife to level out the mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes and when solid cut the flapjacks.
- Serve cold and store in the fridge.
- If you want Fruit, Chocolate, Cacao, I recommend Creative Nature Superfoods (RHIT10 discount) but add them to the mixture when in the saucepan).