Rhiannon's Fish Cakes
When eating out I would always look at the Fish Cakes if on the menu but I am not a fan of deep fried food. Plus, more often than not they would have tons of potato and next to no fish, very disappointing. I decided to make my own protein rich; Thai inspired potato free fish cakes! BOOM! Serve with salad or sweet potato fries....I love salmon but these work well with nearly any fish, just be careful of bones! I recently worked with Dale Pinnock in Mayfair and we made some tasty burgers with sundries tomatoes, whilst they go against the grain with the Thai theme...these do go nicely in a burger or fish cake! Dietary analysis: Protein 21.3g Carbohydrate 2.4g Sugars 1.1g Fibre 0.8g Fat 28.5g Total kcal 357 Photo credit: Nasi Lemak Lover
- 4 Boneless salmon fillets
- 3 tbs. Thai Paste (or make)
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Pine nuts
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 handful Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 2 Carrots
- Tip salmon into a food processer with paste, ginger, soy and chopped coriander.
- Pulse until roughly minced.
- Mix shape into burgers.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan.
- Fry burgers for 4-5 minutes in each side, turning until crisp and cooked through.
- Toss salad into a bowl and divide between 4 plates.
- Top with burger and a side of Pine nuts.