Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken
If like me you love Italian food this is a great dish for you! If you don’t eat Chicken simply melt the Mozzarella on a fillet of Fish or some Tempeh! I'd like to suggest buying Organic meat wherever possible and ensuring you know the quality of Chicken, this all makes a difference to the nutrition and of course your body! If you are allergic to nuts avoid the pesto or make your own nut free version! Dietary analysis: (based on 2 chicken breasts): Protein 109.3g Carbohydrate 24.6g Sugars 8g Fibre 5g Fat 41.8g Total kcal 868 Proto credit: Peanut Butter and Peppers.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 4-5 tsp Green Pesto
- 1 packet Mozzarella
- Garlic Clove
- Spring Onions
- Slice a pocket down the side of each breast.
- Fill with the Pesto and 2/3 slices of Mozzarella.
- Place in a preheated oven (180C) for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile lightly fry the onion, garlic, courgette in a pan.
- Place the peas on the hob to boil.
- Add some Spring Onion and the cooked Peas to the pan.
- Turn off the Oven after 30 minutes (after checking Chicken is cooked) and place two slices of tomatoes on top. Leave to heat for 3 minutes.
- Serve on two plates on the bed of Vegetables.