Lentil Stir Fry
Lentils are edible pulses or seeds that belong to the legume family with a very high protein content. Considered as a cheap source of protein, stocking your cupboards with these gems make life a bit easier when you're on a budget! Esp. as they are a perfect protein option for Vegetarians and Vegans and super versatile. With a rich source of essential amino acids like isoleucine and lysine and a good source of micronutrients (your Vits & Mins) you really can't go wrong with this dish! It's one of my favourite Dinners after work! Feel free to add as much or as little veg as you like :-) Dietary analysis: Protein 7.1g Carbohydrate 42.6g Sugars 11.7g Fibre 21.7g Fat 15.2g Total kcal 436
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Garlic clove
- 200 g Spinach
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- Coconut oil
- 1 Large white onion chopped finely
- 1 pack Puy lentils
- 2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
- 3 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 Cucumber
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a pan and add finely chopped Onion and Garlic.
- Chop Cherry Tomatoes in half and add to the pan.
- Add a shopped Red Pepper and stir fry for 3-4 mins on medium heat.
- Add a pinch of salt, and a dash of Lemon.
- Microwave your Lentils and add hot to the pan.
- Continue to stir fry and add 2 tsp of Paprika.
- Place Spinach in the pan and stir in until soft.
- Serve on two plates and squeeze with Lemon juice.