Get organised and make these the night before. Egg muffins last a day or two in the fridge and can be frozen. High protein and gluten free these are low carb breakfast delights but can be served with a healthy slice of rye bread if you require that extra energy boost. Don’t be shy to add some spices too, Chili and Turmeric are super good for your metabolism and immune system! This recipe makes 8 muffins. Dietary analysis: Protein 6.5g Carbohydrate 5.2g Sugars 0g Fibre 1.1g Fat 5g Total kcal 96 Photo credit: Show Me the Yummy
- 8 Eggs
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 cup Onion
- 1 cup Mushroons
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Tomato
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice all Vegetables. You can add more or less of any of them, but keep the overall portion of vegetables the same for best results.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs, Vegetables, Salt, and Pepper.
- Pour mixture into a greased muffin pan, the mixture should evenly fill 8 muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with Tomato on top or a slice or Rye Bread
- Serve and enjoy! Leftovers can be saved in the refrigerator throughout the week.