Baked Sweet Potato
This is a great family dish or perfect for a dinner party. If you are lactose intolerant simply switch the dairy yoghurt to coconut and if any allergies then avoid topping the bake with nuts as I have done in the picture. This dish is balanced with slow releasing carbohydrates and healthy vegetarian protein! I like to use CHI Coconut Oil in my recipes (it's the best!) I can get you a discount on Creative Nature Superfoods with the code: RHIT10 Dietary analysis: Protein 31.3g Carbohydrate 160g Sugars 11.1g Fibre 35.0g Fat 19.8g Total kcal 931
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Fajita spice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 4 medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup mild or spicy Salsa
- 1-1/3 cups Canned Black Beans
- 1 tsp Himalayan
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 Red Onion
- Poke holes in the potato with a fork, cook on your microwave’s potato setting until potatoes are soft and cooked through (about 8-10 minutes on high for 4 potatoes). If you don't have a microwave, bake about 45 minutes at 400°F.
- Mix Yoghurt & Fajita spice (or cottage cheese).
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add peppers, onions, chili powder, paprika, cumin and salt, cook until the onions have caramelized slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, stir to combine and heat through (about another 5 minutes).
- Slice the potato lengthwise down the middle or as I did in the photo, use a fork to pierce the top in an oval shape, then remove the top of each potato.
- Top with 1/3 cup of black bean mixture, 2 tbsp Greek yogurt mixture and 2 tbsp salsa of sals.