These can be the perfect antidote after a long day, great accompaniment to some brown rice or simply have them by themselves as a light and nutritious meal. Many varieties of mushrooms contain good-for-your-bladder selenium and, like us, they produce vitamin D when exposed to sunlight. Having a vegetarian meal can leave you feeling more energised as it is easier for your body to break down the types of protein over meat! Dietary analysis Protein 12.8g Carbohydrate 44.4g Sugars 33.2g Fibre 11.4g Fat 33.5g Total kcal 443
- 6 Medium Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cottage Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor blend all ingredients except mushrooms and vinegar.
- Wash Mushrooms and remove stems to create the pocket for filling.
- Brush Mushrooms with vinegar.
- Place mixture in mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until mushrooms are soft and released moisture.
- Remove from oven and top with a chopped Bell Pepper and Cottage Cheese.