This is a kind of bread and butter pudding is best using a brioche instead of an ordinary bread. Warm and comforting Zemlovka Chai.
- 1 tbsp brown sugar crystals
- 1/2 large bread loaf
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 75 g raisins
- 100 ml cold tea
- 3 apples or 3 pears or a mixture of both
- squeeze lemon juice
- 400 ml full-fat milk
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- Peppercorn Chai
- First put the raisins in a small bowl, add the cold tea and leave them to soak.
- Peel, core and slice the apples or pears and keep them fresh in a bowl of water with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Grease a baking dish and preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Gently warm the milk in a saucepan, then add the butter and allow it to melt. Set the milk and butter aside to cool to lukewarm.
- Put the eggs, sugar, RawSpiceBar’s Peppercorn Chai and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk until well combined. Whisk in the buttery milk.
- Tear the bread into pieces, keeping the crusts on or off depending on how posh you are, and layer them in the greased baking dish. Strain the raisins, discarding the tea, and scatter them over the bread, then top with the sliced fruit. Pour in the batter and sprinkle on brown sugar crystals.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until the pudding has set and has a golden crust on top.
- Serve with ice cream or custard, or try some soured cream for a change.
buy spices online