Unpumpkin Spiced Apple Crumble
Irresistibly delicious! A holiday winner!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1 stick butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Unpumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- For the crumb topping: In a medium bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, oats, pinch salt and 1/2 RawSpiceBar’s Unpumpkin Pie Spice. Cut butter into small pieces and gradually add it to the flour mixture until evenly mixed. Stir in pecans and set aside.
- For the apple filling: In an 8-inch cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tbsp butter over medium heat. Add apple slices, remaining RawSpiceBar’s Unpumpkin Pie Spice and a pinch of salt and cook, 4-6 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Cover the apple filling in skillet and top with flour mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until crisp and brown on top, an additional 20 to 30 minutes until fruit is tender. Serve and enjoy!