Turkish Ground Lamb Kebabs
When grilling season starts, this Baharat Kebabs is one you could not miss. The ground lamb is flavored with RawSpiceBar’s Baharat seasoning, pistachios, garlic, onion, parsley and chili peppers. Surely you would love this recipe.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 pound ground lamb
- olive oil
- pita bread, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Cumin & Oregano Rub
- In a mini food processor, grind pistachios until finely ground. Add onion, garlic, parsley, RawSpiceBar’s Cumin & Oregano Rub, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne and salt and process to paste consistency. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add ground lamb and mix until combined.
- Divide lamb mixture into 4 even sausage-shaped portions. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Thread a skewer through the center of each portion lengthwise. Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Brush the kebabs with olive oil then place on grill. Reduce heat to medium and grill 2-3 minutes per side, making quarter turns until cooked through.
- Serve on pitas with onion, tomatoes, lettuce and yogurt.
buy spices online